Friday, October 6, 2017

Finding joy...

What things are you still able to find joy in?

In all honesty I still find joy in all our memories & times shared as a family. There are alot of things in which we all did as a family along with my siblings. Although at times it hits me hard to realize that her vivacious personality is definitely missed I know she is there with us. I find joy in sharing her life stories with others. Sharing stories that only we would know. Or even in listening to stories that others would shade about her to us. Just this past week an old classmate shared with me that where she works she works with students that went to Elizettes school and one student shared to her that she was missing Elizette but she knew she was an angel and taking care of everyone at Felicita school. She then went on to tell me that the student said she missed how Elizette always made her feel better no matter what and her kindness. This brought tears to my eyes but at that moment she made me so proud to be her mom. To know that my daughter made such an impact on someone and left behind her kindness and being able to make people feel good. Stories like that bring me joy. Also watching old videos in which I can hear her laugh or see her smile bring me joy. Many would think it's painful to watch but no I love looking back at all the memories we made together. At times when I see a butterfly I am also filled with joy because I often say that it's her watching over me. I see her as the most beautiful butterfly soaring over us and making sure we know that she is there. I find joy in the small things of life and take in every little thing from my kids. Last night I felt as if she was with us as I played with her brothers and the laughter I heard from them I felt as if she was there laughing along with us. It's little things that will slowly ease my grief it won't take it away, but it will make it that much easier to survive her death.
I'm sorry that I haven't been so persistent with writing everyday I promise you all I will get back to it. Enjoy your family this weekend and make unforgettable memories. Live life to the fullest because we only have one life to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment