Monday, October 2, 2017

Grief response...

Are you doing anything unhealthy in response to grief or are you tempted to?

I'm going to be very honest I have had one rough time in which I resorted to try and drink my problems away. It was no fun at all and nothing I was proud of. I have now realized that by drinking it won't take any problems or stress away. It will just make me not feel or think about them at the moment and that's no help. I have also been tempted to get a tattoo in remembrance of my daughter. I instead am looking into ideas on how to decorate my room to still make her presence be here with us. I know that neither of those things will bring her back so for me it's pointless to go out and do that. Instead I decided to start playing soccer again & I'm keeping myself busy with school & work. I am also staying busy by making sure I take my boys out often to get distracted and tired. I also wanted to let you guys know I will be writing my blog Monday through Friday only so I can focus on my kids on the weekends. I am so busy during the week that I want to dedicate the weekends to them. This past weekend I took them to Lakeshore for a few hours & boy did they love it there. We stopped by the cemetery because to be honest it had been a while since we had been there and it was very nice. On Sunday we listened to conference and ate spaghetti. We then went to the park in the afternoon for my soccer game. It was alot of fun to be back out on the field playing. Our team didn't win but I think we did very well for a group of girls who have never played together. 

1 comment: