Friday, September 29, 2017

Let's be honest....

Ok so in this post I'm going to be brutally honest. Some things you shouldn't do or say to a grieving parent. First off lets go back to January after our accident happened. Going back on school grounds where my daughter attended was very tough for me to do. I had just started to be involved that school year taking on quite a few roles at the school. I had to be back on campus organizing activities due to the fact that I was PTA President at that time. One thing that husrt the most was to see how some people would try so hard to avoid you. I understood that it might be an awkward encounter with someone since the loss was so recent but it was obvious that I made certain people uncomfortable. That was never my intention to have other people walk back down a hallway just so they wouldn't have to acknowledge me. A simple hello or nice to see you would have sufficed. Now that I am working at the school and don't know whether many of the schools new Kindergarten parents know of my situation it's much more relaxing to be able to see all the kids dashing in to school. Second this seriously had me so worked up yesterday, but now I find it quite funny. I was asked how many kids I have I will always have three kids. Well this mom is fairly new to the school so she asked why I had only told get the ages of my two boys. I went on to tell her that my daughter was five when she passed away. After I told her this she went on to ask how recent this loss was and also how we had lost her. I went on to answer that she passed away last year wishing she could stop asking more about the situation. Then I told her our house had actually caught on fire. At this point she has the audacity to ask why I didn't try to get my daughter out of the burning house. My first thought of this was is she really asking me this? Did she think I was just standing there off to the side without wanting to do anything to save her. I'm so glad I was able to maintain my composure and chose to leave. Let me tell you guys please be discrete and considerate when asking about a person's loss. Always put yourself in their shoes. I don't mind people asking me about the situation, but # everything.
On a brighter side of things I wanted to share about my life tight now. Yesterday at school we started our clinical at a facility and boy dies it feel nice to know that you can help someone. I know that the journey of becoming a nurse is not easy but I know that's where my heart belongs. I've said it many times that being a nurse is the most underpaid job yet the most rewarding job ever. Not everyone is made out to be a nurse, but I honestly can't see myself doing anything else. I love helping others so much & know I will get there soon.


2 comments:

  1. 😤...but I'm glad you're ok! I love you!!😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😲😡😤u are one strong mama i love u prima 😗😙😚😚😙😗😚😚😙🤗

    ReplyDelete