Sunday, September 24, 2017

My Faith...

This post has to do with my Faith. I know for some it's a touchy subject, but I must share. In December of 2014 was when my Faith was put on trial. I can still remember this day as if it was yesterday when I found out that my dear brother had passed away. My heart ached with such tragic news I didn't want to believe it. My first thought was "why him?" at that point of his life he was ready to start so many new ventures with cooking. As a family we remained strong and firm within our Faith because we knew for a fact that we would see him again. Fast forward to December of 2016 and boy was my Faith put on trial even more. Despite the fact that we already had a bad omen with the month of December. We were hit again & this time much harder. My daughter Elizette & another dear brother of mine Diego. At this point I really broke down. I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong as a human being that I deserved such a horrible loss. I did loose myself for about a month or two wondering why I had to go through so much suffering. I almost wanted to just give up on life. Within our religion it's believed that we are granted our kids to be able to teach them of God & guide them within his footsteps. When I lost my daughter it made me feel as if I was failing as a mother maybe that's why she was no longer with me. It honestly hurt to know that I was no longer able to have her here on earth with me. Right now I am trying to get myself to strengthen my own Faith. I know that I'm not perfect and I am striving to be a much better mother, daughter, sister, and friend. Life can get overwhelming at times especially when we're faced with challenges. All I can say is that when we face those challenges no matter how strong your Faith might be we might feel a little lost. Just know that what I've learned is that we are never alone if anything I know God hears our prayers. When you feel the need to reach out to him do it. Not just to ask for things but also to be thankful. When the accident struck our home I forgot to give thanks at the fact that the outcome could've been much worse. At that point I was thankful to know that we were being looked after. My Faith also grew when the whole community without knowing us joined forces to gather stuff for us. To see how big of a community out pour of caring for our family was amazing. The fact that we were and are never alone through this difficult time is a blessing in itself. Thank you to all friends and family for always being there. Those simple checking in on us to see how we're doing are a blessing to us. To my friends and family I want to ask how are you guys doing? If there's ever anything you need feel free to come to me. I know life can get busy and we don't reach out as often but know I am here for each and everyone of you no matter what. Have a blessed Sunday.

3 comments: