Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The Little losses...

So they say the when you lose a child you have several little losses and boy is it true. Brace yourselves because I feel that this might be one of my longer posts. There are a significant amount of little losses that I don't even know where to start. I will start with the first loss we had to go through. I lost the chance to see my daughter graduate from Kindergarten, an event she was so anxiously waiting. She always wanted to be in first grade just like her cousin Katelyn. I never got to see her smile as she was called to graduate. On this tough day I took graduation balloons to all her classmates. I know she was very proud of their hard work. With tears in my eyes and a knot in my throat I stood as each & every one of her classmates received their diplomas. I was wishfully thinking that I might see her or have her be called & she would be there, but that wasn't the case. Another loss is just the simple fact of having a daughter. Never in a million years did I think I would be a mom of only boys. I adore my two boys,but having a girl is something so different it's unexplainable. I don't have someone to sit on the sink counter as I do my makeup watching so closely because she's so intrigued and amazed at what you like to do. I lost the chance to be able to dress her up and do her hair as picture day at school approached. She loved when we would go shopping for that perfect dress or outfit & she adored to have her hair curled on picture days. I remember when we went to Mexico in summer of 2016 I chose to get my hair permed & she hated it. When she eventually talked to me and I asked her why she was so upset about me wanting curly hair her answer simply was "Now my hair doesn't look like yours." She was so worried that we didn't look the same anymore. I lost the chance to see my daughter go through elementary, middle, & highschool. Those vital years in which you have to put up with tantrums, school dances, and the most expected of all prom. I will never have the chance to help her buy the perfect prom dress and share in her excitement as prom night approached. I lost the chance to see her fall in love & want to spend the rest of her life with a special partner. The chance to welcome another man into our lives if he was willing to make my daughter the happiest girl ever. I lost the chance to see her grow and expand her horizons in education. She already enjoyed school so much I wish I could've helped her fill out college/university applications to see her become whatever it was that interested her. I lost the chance of having to help her go job hunting, so she could realize that although we loved her so much she still needed to know what hard work was. There's a lot of things that I lost when she passed. All of the little losses also include loosing her laughs, hugs, kisses, tantrums, sass, attitude, & most importantly her physical presence. She was the sweetest ever. I didn't have to tell her I was having a rough day she could just know & she'd walk up to me and say "Mommy I love you so much" as she wrapped her arms around my neck to give me a kiss on the cheek. The one thing she told me in that month of December which I will always hold close to my heart had to due with a situation we were facing as a family. She knew it was hard on me to be a recent single mother. It takes a toll on you no matter how hard you try to hide it. One night she knew something was off and she came over to me and said "Mom, don't worry I will always be by your side." I honestly never knew how much meaning those words would have to me not only at that moment, but now for an eternity. I know she is always by my side even though I still wish I had her here physically. So to all the parents out there enjoy those special moments you can still share with each and every one of your kids.

8 comments:

  1. This was the most beautiful post, and such insight for me. I am so glad you are sharing your feelings openly with all of us. Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an awesome and strong human being! Abrazos 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra♡ my heart aches for you and your little family. Im glad to see you sharing these emotions to others. So much love to you babe♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, thank you for sharing your raw emotions. I am so sorry for the loss of your angel and for your losses in experiencing each minute of her life. There is nothing that I can say or do to take your pain and suffering away. Please know that everyone prays for you and wants the best for you and your boys. If you are ever in any need, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I will gladly help in any way I can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog!! Very emotional this time but very amazing that you guys had a great bond. You are a very strong person at least you show to be. I admire you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome, unless you have a daughter no one will understand that special bond. just know she is always with you. your relationship with her reminds me of that of mine and lil leila's. :)

    ReplyDelete